oh my dear sisters. so i am glad to say that i suppose my life is getting better. i have accepted the fact that me and gab will always have that awkwardness around us. what could be expected i guess.. and i just keep thinking of what the summer can bring to me! and hopefully i will just be able to be happy sitting on a pool side unless something goes terribly wrong. but still kristin if you would keep looking a little bit if you have been or let me know perhaps where i could look? and do you think that sheri would hire me at the green house? but when it comes to this time of year its just so hard not to be like you all! i am not going to lie i am insanely jealous, you know you will always have someone there to kiss you on valentines day and hold your hand and be sweet. ah tell me how did you wait so long?!? anyways happy valentines to you all! i love you and wish the best of valentines day
Kate Senior Tribute
3 months ago
5 comments:
So perhaps we are just weird, but Valentine's Day is just another plain-old day for us. I told Mike that I wanted to spend $10 on each other this year, but he still hasn't agreed.
Your day will come when you will always have someone there. But in the mean time, enjoy your freedom as much as you can. Marriage is wonderful, but so are the teenage years. They are just both good in different ways.
Maybe to help your day go a little better this Thursday, find a girl in your school who is struggling, and send her flowers anonymously. Then watch her throughout the day and see how much happier both you and her are!! Or if you don't want to do flowers, write a note about how much you admire her and let her know that it is from you.
Laura gave you some great ideas. I love that idea of sending some flowers anonymously. I also am a believer in the power of a sweet note. In my last ward, there was a lady who would send cards anonomously to people, just telling them things she admired about them or had noticed about them. Even though I consider myself to not be "needy" or whatever, it really made my day when I got one of those. She called herself "Sister Sunshine." Someday I am going to do that to other people.
Don't know if you knew, but the first boyfriend I had in HS was Nephi - at the VERY end of my senior year (as in we got together on the Senior Sneak). I remember how hard that was--seeing my friends with boyfriends. But you know what - I am really glad I just had a lot of great guy friends, and I didn't have to worry about all the other stuff. It is hard though. Hang in there - there will be the perfect guy for you someday! It took me until I was 23 to find him! And there was a lot of trial and error in finding him!
I will see if the grounds job is posted yet. Love you Sue!
Jus as Laura said, valentine is just another day for us as well. we are not even buying things for each other. we decided that one night in the cheap motel in vegas before the interview is good enough celebration. I love the idea of the flowers! i remember one christmas when i did secret santa to a girl and it totally made my christmas so much better waiting to see her reaction. Service can be the best uplifter!
Just remember about the whole boy thing that they really don't grow up until after missions sometimes. I know the feeling about weirdness with friends as well. just keep being her friend and it is all you can do. I know that you want to get out of Star Valley, but you are uck for the meantime and might as well enjoy it! Keep smiling and being awesome!
You are so lucky to have sisters who love you! They are the truest friends in the world--you girls are all so good to one another and I think it takes a few years to realize just how true that is. I am a lucky mom to have five wonderful daughters.
I was always the left out one in high school too. My friend Pam was a lot like Gab and there was always an issue in the air. It was all-consuming at times, and I was constantly battling in my mind, whether it was easier to hang out with her, or easier to not.
The thing I learned about being great friends with sisters, took me til even after I was a mom, because my sisters were still little girls for a long time. But they are by far the better option. It just took years of patience til we were all in the same boat.
You are such a wonderful daughter and I too, feel sad for you in your plight right now. Joseph Smith had friends who turned on him, even putting him in prison. The Lord told him "Thine adversity and thine affliction shall be but a small moment,..." Then he was told that if he endured it well, he would be exalted on high. And you are doing your best--keep on enduring!
Keep your chin up and be friendly to all-- Just remember Grandma Keeley and how much you are like her, and learn from her example. She is so awesome, and so are you. I love you so much!!!
Hey- I love the new background! It is so YOU!
Post a Comment