Sunday, July 8, 2012

a long time ago

so it has been about 2 years, a little over when this happened and it just keeps popping into my brain and who would have known that it would not only change one families life decisions, but perhaps 2.

normally I do not just sit down and read the ensign on saturday nights, i must have you all know. That just does not cross my mind, but one lovely saturday night found me sitting at the table in orem reading the church magazine that was coincidentally mostly about marriage. There was no reason for me to read this, seeing as I was not dating anyone and not needing to be married soon or anything. So there is the second strange part to this story. 

The next day was just a normal sunday, ginger and myself were lingering in bed chatting and not wanting to get dressed and it got closer and closer and eventually past time to go to church. I know we were awful to not go to it that day, BUT we were talking about the date that she had gone on the previous night and were trying to figure out what God has in store for us when I  suggested we since we missed the sacrament why don't we just go for a walk and somewhere in that mix we decided to take the before mentioned magazine along so we did not feel nearly as guilty for not going to church

We read that magazine through and through and as we read we talked and walked and after reading a certain story ginger realized that she loved jon and that they were meant to be. her prayers were being answered, she just didn't know it and was looking for that big boom of an answer. are we not all looking for the heavens to be poured out upon us?

So anyway they got married and I will always feel like i was a key player in their relationship, but now two years later here i find myself in a similar situation. I have just been searching for the big boom and not getting it. Today at church i was pondering prayer and this dear girl giving the talk in sacrament said just what i needed to hear. she said, "Maybe it's not that Heavenly Father is not answering my prayers, but that I am not looking for my answers."

Why you may ask do I bring up the story above with the ensign? Well because she said that and I instantly knew that I needed to start searching diligently for my answer and there was not a better place to start than those precious articles me and ginger studied so long ago. Who knows maybe that dear magazine will change not only one person's life that is dear to me, I am hopeful that it will change mine for the best, by adding my best friend into the mix.

we must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. -nelson mandela

2 comments:

Michelle said...

:O)

Unknown said...

i'm giddy for you. giddy like giddy giddy. love you to forever and back.