Tuesday, March 22, 2011

love

For sometime I have admired my dear aunt laurel's hot pads, so the other day I decided to put forth an effort and learn how to crochet this masterpiece. I figured why buy something as simple as hot pads when I have an aunt with an incredible knowledge of them. Friday evening i gave it a whirl, and loen behold two days later I had a hot pad. The first one is not quite square but already the second is much better and they only will get better from here! The best part of this project is that while in the midst of doing it all, I realized that crocheting is so relaxing and a wonderful hobby to have. I kind of feel like a grandma when I do it, but who cares! It's so great to finally have something that is completely enjoyable and I cant wait to be making socks, ties, blankets, and sure why not sweaters. Or maybe I will just stick to hot pads. I guess we shall see. Not many people can say that they made a hot pad while watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one so I must say it's not only a feesable hobby, or versatile, but memorable as well.

What a beautiful place to be... with friends --Dobby the house Elf

4 comments:

Marlene K said...

perfectly wonderful!!! a new talent to add to your many abilities-- I like it a bunch--they are pretty!!

Katie Jane said...

I'd like a hot pad...

Katie Jane said...

Oh. And I love that quote.

Laurel said...

You are a quick learner. Your sewing project is looking good, too. However, when you say "my dear aunt laurel" it makes me think of the kind of aunt who wears orangish-red lipstick and has to kiss your face every time I see you.